Tuesday, May 5, 2009

We have a walker!!

First to walk is Luxor!  An actual taking steps waddling across the pool without falling over in his own poop walker! He is very proud of himself.  What a big boy he is!  So today was a bathless day, can you believe it?  I can't.  
Oh oh oh oh forgot eye slits are starting.  We should have eyes open very soon. 
Speaking of eyes they already have their Opthamology appointment scheduled for June 10th at 10 am.  I used to go to the close one in Dallas at the specialty center.  Not anymore and seriously let me gripe about them for just a second (ok maybe more).  First off they want you to book a minimum of four months in advance.   Do the math here people!  So basically I have to guess how many puppies there are and book an appointment while the bitch is in heat!  If I am short then those puppies unaccounted for are not by any stretch of your imagination going to get seen.  If I over shoot it you have to pay a cancelation fee.  Now they are located on the second floor.  Let's drag and entire litter of  potentially vomit covered border collie/or border staffy puppies one by one upstairs to be dilated and then back down to the van to get the next one and repeat until you are about to die!  Then you have to wait in the car for twenty minutes while the dilation medicine is working because they don't want puppies in the lobby anymore as they cause "a stir".  While in the car you have to fill out the lovely forms complete with little bubbles that you have to fill in for the AKC #'s etc.  You have exactly the right amount of forms as you do puppies and the cranky girl in the front office reminds you to not make a mistake cause replacement forms are $2 a piece.  NO PRESSURE.  OK your twenty minutes is up, call up to the office to ask if we car allowed to bring them up now.  Then load the puppies in their crate and lift (by yourself breaking your back) a very full crate of puppies onto a dolly and roll them into the building to the elevator and get hurried into the room.  OK fine that is accomplished. BUT as if that wasn't "uninviting" ENOUGH.....wait until you hear the newest rule.  So I am attempting make and appointment for Vixen's litter to be CERF'd last year and the girl asks me for how many puppies.  I say there are 10.  She said "oh I am sorry we don't do litters that large, we only can see five."  Excuse me huh? But her litter has TEN.  The very super intelligent person on the other end of the phone then says "can you just pick five to bring?" Hahahahahaha!! OK I start laughing then saying "Oh I get it this is a joke, wow I thought you were serious".  She is not entertained by me now and says "ma'am I am not joking we only do litters of five."  OK so the litter has TEN (do you think she is listening to me) what do you want me to do with the other five?  She said I  "can come back the next day and bring the other five." OK so seriously, you want me to do this whole giant over the top ordeal on Tuesday and then do it again on Wednesday?   She says "Yes ma'am that is what I am saying."  LONG PAUSE!  I very sweetly (ok maybe not so sweet at this point) ask her if she has ever bred a litter of puppies.  She replies "No ma'am I have not" OK so that was a RHETORICAL QUESTION.....cause if you had raised a litter of puppies you would know how utterly ridiculous your office's request is!   She then asks me "if I want to book the appointments for Tuesday and Wednesday".  So needless to say I did not book an appointment then or since then.  I went on the search for another Veterinary Opthamologist.    I found one about an hour away.  OK not the closest but I figured I would give them a call.  The girl that answered the phone was super nice and polite stating that "of course they will do the WHOLE litter of 10 on the same day"  I booked my appointment. The girl gets all my information and after we are done talking she informs me that she will be mailing me my forms so I can fill them out in my leisure and she will gladly include a few extra forms (free)  incase I make a mistake.  Once we get there, we go in to the office to announce our arrival.  They come out to the car with THEIR crate dolly, dilate all the puppies while oooo'ing and aaahhhhh'ing over the puppies.  Then they assist lifting the crate onto the dolly, the roll it in for you to your seat in the lobby where you are actually allowed to sit!  The wait is minimal and you are in the room.  When finished they assist you back out to your car you pay and poof you are on your way home and I paid LESS than the other place!  My only complaint is the vet initially has the personality of a semi dead gnat or he is a mute.  At first you are not sure.   It appears that he was entertained by Vixen's litter theme and at about the third or fourth puppy (he spoke) and had it figured out that it was cities of the Olympics.  He liked it.  So now with every litter he is a little less dead gnat like and tries to guess the theme!  
OK I have vented, the puppies are settled in snug as five little bugs in a rug, night is complete! 
I am tired and off to bed!!

3 comments:

  1. OMG, what an awful place! I thought that type of customer service (lack of) only existed here in Vegas. Guess not. Good thing you found a new place, a place that actually remembers it is there for its customers.
    Oh an yay for Luxor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I was there for the dead gnat vet that time, I am so glad that he is actually speaking now. :-) Maybe he is a really funny guy but his comedy is just deadpan. That place is so nice, I am so glad that you found it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I apologize up front for not sympathizing but you had me in stitches when I read this post. I could just envision the girl on the phone too ... hi hi hi

    OK, now I can say: Oh goodness what an ordeal, so sorry that they were such jacka$$e$ at that first clinic.
    Glad you found a better one that's a bit less stressful.

    Can't wait for Scorch to be a Mama again :-)
    Love your idea of blogging about the puppies.

    G.

    ReplyDelete