Sunday, May 10, 2009

Tired

Long day and I am beyond tired. So late yesterday evening after I got done pottying all the dogs I put Dakota my very geriatric Siberian Husky (don't ask) outside as she loves to lay on the rocks that are still warm from baking in the heat all day.  She does this for about an hour and a half and will let you know when she is done.  Don't try to bring her in before her evening bake is done, she is very stubborn about it. So I put her out and went about my chores, making dinner and watching the end of a movie.  This is how it ALWAYS goes!  EXCEPT LAST NIGHT. Little did I know that the pool guy had inadvertently left the fence open.  Well Dakota saw it! 
In her younger years Dakota was a very typical Siberian heading due north bolting out the door given any chance. Crazy me thought she would never do this anymore and apparently I was VERY wrong.  So my alarm goes off that time is up and Dakota hasn't asked to come in so I go out to check on her.  She is gone, really gone, GONE!!  I feel my heart sink as I look over and see the fence open. Realize while she is geriatric, she also has and hour and a half on me at this point and she is still VERY sneaky.  I run in and check everywhere making sure I am not over-reacting, and I am not.  I grab the keys and off I go.  I drive in and out of every nook and cranny of this neighborhood and finally about 5 hours later, I ask these people on the side of the street and they had seen her about an hour earlier and pointed which way she was going.  Off I go to look some more.  About 345 am I give up.  I am so tired from looking in the dark now for hours my eyes and head are killing me.  I go home with my mind reeling with what if's.  I finally fall asleep and get up at 7 am to resume where I left off.  Within minutes I stop to talk to this elderly lady is pottying some flowers and she says she just saw Dakota about 5 minutes ago and pointed me in the direction which was actually headed back to my house.  Off I go with a glimmer of hope now.  Up one street....nothing, down the next nothing.  Finally the last street and I round the corner and there she is walking so slow clearly in pain and I am pretty sure I heard her say "Oh thank god WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING LEAVING??" I pick her up put her in the car and home we go.  I cleaned her up enough to live with her for a couple days until she can go in for a grooming.  I put a sheet on the couch in the dog room and laid her on it and pretty much she has barely moved (only up to potty and eat).   She is very sore, very tired and very sad as I think that she has realized her running days are gone.  
I decided to take a little nap before flyball practice. Got up took care of the dogs, loaded up and hit the road.  Practice lasted until about 6 pm.  Got home took care of dogs, cats, birds, laundry and made dinner.  Watched TIVO Extreme Makeover.  Took care of baby puppies.  They are walking so incredibly well for their age.   Tomorrow the pool goes away and they have the whole pen to start motoring around in.  Toys will start going in also.  I will take some video of them walking around their new digs as well.   So big day tomorrow but for today I am dead tired, both mentally and physically.  I am gonna head to bed so hug your dogs, appreciate them even if they are sneaky and run off and go check your gates!  Good Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment