Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Start of the Puppy Blog!!!

OK today I decided instead of emailing everyone with updates I would go ahead and BLOG!!! So why not....just be a lemming, leap off the cliff and blog like everyone else!  
As of today, the Olé X Sooner puppies are 9 days old.  They have had two bubble baths already (don't ask!) and one nail trim!  We are on day 6 of Early Neurological Stimulation.  10 more days to go.  The fussy one?  Mirage.  She warbles A LOT!  The screamer? Venetian.  The three B&W are taking it all in stride.  Mirage has realized not only is she the only blue merle but the only girl as well.  So she scoots off on her own and then throws a fit, warbling, cooing and general "helllloooo is anyone out there cry's"  So over to the pool I go, pick her up, take her back to the puppy pile where within minutes has promptly scooted back to where she was and begins the whole cooing/warbling all over again.  After about the 42nd time, I took the hint! She just wants to bitch about it all for awhile and just leave her alone and let her bitch!  GOT IT!  
I am sitting on the couch waiting for Jess to call and say Vision is in labor for REAL (Vision is Olé's half sister also bred to Sooner......shhhh don't tell Olé.......or Widget.....or Vixen....or......oh hell he is a man whore OK!)  OK back to the story,  I was sitting on the couch watching HGTV (addicted) waiting for Jess to call and I decided to try this blogging thing on my own to take my mind off the fact that she isn't calling.  Realize that now that I have started this whole blogging gig, I don't have the foggiest clue how to link this to my website.  So now that I have gotten this far, I am gonna have to do a "shout out to Steph" HELPPPP!  
The puppies are now doing their favorite past time of "climb the mommy".  They start on one side, shimmy up and slide down the other end making a little thud noise.  Turn.  Repeat.  Now the girl of course does it very vocally.  She gets up there, tries to be all fancy and balance, rolls off, gets pissed, and yup you guessed it, starts bitching!
Today mama Olé had a full bath, blow out and brushing (again just don't ask)  and she was incredibly unimpressed with my trimming and primping.  Right now she has lots of hair and is very fluffy.  Very princess like!  She got to have some out time to go for a nice walk and chew a bone undesturbed by the babies for about an hour while Godmother Scorch watched over the babies.  Scorch is the most loving mother to every puppy.  She wants them all to be hers.  She has helped raise lots of On Target and OffOn litters.  
Olé's other 1/2 sister Widget is due in a little under two weeks.  She currently wants to eat EVERYTHING not nailed down and is convinced she is starving!  She is trolling around looking under the bird cages to see if a morsel of food has perhaps fallen.  Lord that is a little pathetic Widgey.  Her xray is end of next week maybe beginning of the following week.  Then we will get to see how many babies are in there!!
OK I am tired, everyone is asleep in this house (except food whore Widget), cats are all curled up, birds are in their beds, I am signing off!  Good Night!!

1 comment: