Sunday, August 23, 2009

Scorch Puppies are HERE!!!!

Scorch puppies were born today with a very easy uneventful birth.  Minus the start of the whole thing.  OK so here I am on the phone with Gayle York when I walk past the huge living room pen where Scorch, Vixen, Sprint, Zoom and Jedi are laying and I had taken everyone out to go pee but didn't realize Scorch didn't get up and go out.  About 5 minutes later I walk back to get Scorch and there is a little puddle in the middle of the pen.  I am still on the phone and say "did you pee or did your water break?" I cleaned it up with paper towels and it is not amniotic fluid color no blood nothing very pale yellow.  So I assume she pee'd and I take her out to finish. Gayle and I finish our conversation, hang up and I get all the girls in and put Scorch in her crate and put all the girls back in the pen.   On to take care of the Conure as she is still in her night night crate and is ready to wake up as she is telling me LOUDLY.  I am just getting her out and saying good morning when I hear "SQQQWWWWEEEAAAAKKKK" pause for a minute, brain register that noise, recognize......OH SHIT THAT IS A PUPPY!!!!!  I already have the Conure out so I run her to her daytime crate, taking a second to look at Jedi as she is "supposedly" first to deliver and she is standing in the pen looking at me like "What?" OK brain registers again, SCORCH!  Off to Scorch's crate I run, calling Mary from the other room and there is Gecko laying in the front of the crate all nice and clean and Scorch sitting in the back looking at me like "it wasn't pee in the pen dumb ass!"

3 comments:

  1. all I can say is I was ROTFLMAO reading this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Scorch puppies are really cute.
    Lisa, you know I'd never bug you for pictures..... ok I can't even type this without laughing! When are those Jedi puppy pics going to be up????
    Glad I live 1,000 miles away so you can't slap me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol. That was a very funny start.

    ReplyDelete